Saturday, June 22, 2013

A day of travel


We have landed in Dallas.  Last night I did end up taking a nap.  I woke up ready to go, though.  Thank goodness because 4:00 is not usually a time that I like to see.  Ok let’s be honest, it’s never a time I like to see.  Anyway we got to the airport a little after 5 with about 500 other people.  Little did you all know today is an important traveling day.

The flight to Dallas was extremely uneventful for me because I slept the entire time.  It was pretty humorous though because the flight was exactly like those OC MD commercials make it seem.  The baby crying and the people talking loudly.  But it was ok because I slept through it all.  It was extremely unpleasant during the landing though.  My ears were unable to pop, I’m assuming due to the congestion I am experiencing.  YAY (BLAH).  As of yet, my ears have still not popped.  So I can barely hear anything.  I think I have said “what” more times than mom.  A little unnerving.


So we get off of the plane and have to take a skyrail to another terminal and guess which store I see as soon as we get off the plane… Dallas Cowboys.  I was seriously regretting not having my Redskins shirt on.  It had not occurred to me that I was in enemy territory.  I desperately wanted my Redskins gear, but I opted for layers… oh well.


So we landed at what was like 8:30 local time, but we were all hungry for lunch, so we went to Friday’s and had some lunch.  It was a little weird, but there were others near us who also were having lunch.  Right now we are on the airplane.  It’s so great because we are in the middle of the plane in a row of 5 and we take up the middle three of those.  The stranger whom I will be sitting next to has not arrived yet, but I can only imagine… 13 hours.  It ended up being a sort of surly military man.  He was a fine neighbor, I guess.
 
8 hours later...

I only have about 5 hours left on the plane at this point and I cannot tell you how exciting it is!  Going into this flight I thought it would be no big deal, I don’t mind sitting and I have a book to read for pleasure and a book to read for school.  Also I knew there would be movies available to watch.  They have a wide variety of selection.  Ok I have been on this flight for over 8 hours, watched 2 movies, nearly finished the book I just started and have slept for an hour.  Now what do I do?  Ack!!!!!!


They have this nice “track your flight” feature so I have watched our little airplane barely move as the hours drag on.  We have passed the International Date Line, which was pretty anticlimactic.  You do not feel any different as the day changes and you skip ahead a day (just in case you were wondering).
 
8 more hours...
 
We are at the hotel!!!!  I cannot tell you how much I want to curl up in the bed, but I'm trying to fight it since it is only 5:00 in the afternoon here (which is about 5AM at home).  I'm dying of exhaustion.  So far my thoughts of Korea is that it is very colorful.  All of the roads leading out of Incheon where we landed were so pretty.  They had beautifully painted jersey walls and painted fences.  They had lovely suspension bridges and all of their architecture seems to be really fancy.  In the beginning I was thinking that the driving wasn't so bad, but then we got into the city of Song-Tan... terrifying driving.  I'm pretty glad now that we did not rent a vehicle.  Those of you that have driven with my father will understand...
 
Well we are waiting to hear from Brittany.  I'm going to read the last 10 pages of the book that I started and probably take a little power nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment